I admit I should have posted earlier, but I guess I have not yet adjusted myself to the "blog-way" of doing things, or rather posting. The good thing though, is that I have more to tell!
On Friday I finally found out that Japan was again rocking for me. My various contacts contacted themselves and agreed on how they would proceed in order to have me accepted at the University of Tokyo. I completed all documents, and all I have to do now is wait. The irony behind it all, is that I went from having a fairly sure position at JAXA, to having nothing at all, to now having two professors and a JAXA researcher that are willing to work with me. Now if that is not a rollercoaster ride, I do not know what is. Hopefully it will stay this good :-)
On the downside, Armin had his last day of work yesterday. We are obviously looking forward to what waits us, but leaving wonderful people behind always hurts.I still remember when a bit over two years ago Armin and I were discussing about his going to ESA to work. It was a hard decision, but I decided it was best for him, although we would be far from one another. Looking back, I am happy to see that it was the right decision to make.
After having packed my car full, we walked one last time along the beach in Noordwijk before leaving for Germany. I know I am going to miss it.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment