It turned out that this is not the case. So this Saturday we made our way to the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation hoping to see Asimo itself, or rather herself. Yes, Asimo is female, or rather its voice is.
It is one thing seeing a robot like Asimo through the news or a picture of Asimo on the newpaper or in magazines. It is complete other thing seeing Asimo live. Reality itself becomes contorted, and when Asimo moves so smoothly whilst doing complex human-like movements, it feels as if the earth beneath you just disappears and you find yourself asking yourself if you are dreaming or truely obvserving a robot which gives you human feelings. It is a sensorial conflict.
Asimo walked onto the stage and for 10 minutes performed a number of movements, like running, shoulder movements, arm movements etc. And I am not exaggerating when I say that Asimo moved more gracefully and smoothly than some people do.
I get goosebumps at the mere thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment