Thursday, November 15, 2007

Our first trip in Japan...Part ONE

Shortly after our arrival in Japan, I was presented by Yamashita san, as I used to call him back then, with a lengthy description about the yearly departmental trip. This year, the various bachelor and master students, together with two technical assistances, the professor himself, and Yamashita san (a PhD student) were to make their way to Hokkaido, the northernmost of the four major Japanese islands and home of Yamashita san. “Please enjoy the departmental trip with coming”. This was the warmest invitation ever. The only problem: Armin was not invited. I really did want to go. I was promised the visit of the Camui rocket testing facility, a hybrid rocket developed by the University of Hokkaido. Furthermore the desire of discovering Japan was strong. I spoke to Armin, and for the love of our newly regained daily inseparability, we decided that we would together explore Hokkaido at some other point in time.

As it turned out, two weeks later we were sitting on a plane to Hokkaido…..


…More to come as soon as I have propane running…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi blauermango,
nice to hear from you again. I understand you are back in Japan for good, or just a visit? What´s the story behind your leaving and Spacefox staying behind? We all crave to hear it! Spacefox, picking up a sentence from one of your earlier posts: the wish for self-ridicule does indeed exist, and strongly so! So go ahead and ridicule yourself by telling us the whole story :))))))))))
Regards, lörker
*I lörk this place*

spacefox said...

I would love to tell you the story, but it must be told by blauermango ;)

blauermango said...

Ok, I will tell the story seeing that it was my self-ridule comment and not spacefox's.

Anonymous said...

We are waiting.....:))

Regards, lörker
*I lörk this place*

spacefox said...

I am also waiting :)

The next entry eventually will be made by blauermango..

Probably next year though.

Anonymous said...

You folks still alive?
Regards, lörker
*I lörk this place*

blauermango said...

Forgive me multiple times....it is coming, the second part and much more!