Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ginza

Unfortunately we seem to have forgotten the chip reader, so we still can't upload the fotos we have taken. We plan to buy one as soon as possible. On Saturday we went to the Imperial Palace and the close bye Ginza quarter which is some stylish shopping area. At some point I'll hopefully upload the picture of me in front of a small Godzilla statue.

With current exchange rates eating out is quite affordable. That's good, because we still don't have a gas cooker or even a refrigerator.

In the evening we went to a cinema to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Fortunately films are just subtitled and not dubbed here. The cinema itself was also something we have not seen before. It is in the 9th and 10th floor of a tall building. Spectators come and go by very crowded elevators. In the cinema they don't just have cup holders in each seat but also special holders which I assume are for umbrellas in the rainy season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to take lots of pictures! My post-moving joy hasn't ended yet and I'm still sitting in my room at International Hall with a big grin on my face.

Good thing I found your blog again, I've just added it to my daily links folder.

This blog stuff looks rather interesting, perhaps I should get one of those for myself.

Best regards,

Kai