The toilets are really funny. They usually come along with a cable and are plugged into an electric outlet. That is because even in the middle of the summer the toilet seats are heated to body temperature. The electricity also powers the built in sprinkler which I will refrain from using. After noticing that the toilet paper doesn’t have perforation (instead you use the cutter on the paper holder) I finally managed to not rip it apart while taking it.
Another thing is it with maps. Recently we were looking for a shop we had seen the directions to on the internet, only to find out when we were home again that they had placed north on the bottom edge of the map. Today I took a different exit than usual from the subway station. In the dark I didn't recognize where I was but luckily there was a map at the station exit. Half an our later I had found back to the station and there I saw that North was this time on the right edge of the map. It also helps that they don't have many road names here.
Yet another strange thing can be seen in some restaurants. Since you don't give tips here they can do without a cashier. Today we were in a restaurant where you pay at a vending machine when you enter. You then hand the ticket you get from the machine to the cook and he prepares your dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment