Yesterday Armin and I met up with three other “pink skins” or “milch-Gesichter” (as I call us) of the German kind and we all went to a Japanese restaurant that had been recommended to one of us.
The restaurant offers a number of different menus containing a bit of everything, from Sashimi and Sushi to grilled vegetables and meat and wrapped prawns, together with other dishes of undefined yet delicious nature. The menus include a two-hour period during which one may order as much to drink as one can take. We tried Sake and Shochu (also known to some as the “Japanese Vodka” although most types only have 25%). Shochu, differently to Sake, is brewed from not just rice but is also obtained from potatoes, brown sugar, barley or soba (buckwheat). To my untrained tongue it tasted like weak grappa.
I took pictures of two of the many dishes that we were brought. The food was very good and I really wished they had brought more. Unfortunately it was indeed a rather expensive restaurant so I doubt we will be going back soon. I wish I could eat like this every day!
Everyday food here in
No comments:
Post a Comment