Tuesday, June 19, 2007

RBCC

The title has nothing to do with the content of this post but not without a reason and hopefully our readers will forgive me...all but one I guess :-)

Today I visited the Kashiwa Campus where Armin will be most of the time. I visited the hypersonic wind tunnel where they obtain speeds of up to Mach 7 and Mach 1.8 for supersonic combustion experiments....all very interesting.

In terms of my own work, I will be looking into soot and soot build-up and will get to play around with Laser Induced Incandescence (LII). I will be setting up the entire diagnostics and finally doing experiments...if I get it right.... The idea is to use microwave radiation to reduce the build-up of soot. I look forward to this challenge and am sure I will learn much from it.

Whilst heading back home, we bumped into a supermarket. It is the first proper one I see. I bought...guess what...tomatoes :-) ...cherry tomatoes. They were actually surprisingly cheap. Meat is quite expensive, so as is milk. There is a small vending machine just outside my department at the Hongo Campus that sells anything from water to 20 billion different types of tea: light green, darker green, brownish, black, black with milk.... well this vending machine also sells milk...200ml of fresh milk for 63 Euro cent....and the Euro is strong nowadays...which is good as I am planning on eating lots of sushi! Pasta is also very expensive…yes I have looked…and I confess that I have bought…well we are the bought-the-pasta emissaries after all, are we not?


So far we have eaten rice, and more rice and even more rice, which is tasty when eaten in combination with…ehrm…raw fish for example? :-D

My metabolism however seems to be uncertain of what to do with rice and it appears to have classified it as non-caloric…which is obviously not good seeing that so far we have had difficulties in obtaining high-content-protein meals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google yields "Russo British Chamber of Commerce", which doesn't make any sense. So what does RBCC stand for?

Best regards,

Kai

blauermango said...

Nice try...it might even exist: did you check?

Rocket Based Combined Cycle....
some crazy new engine system that combines airbreathing and rocket propulsion.

Chiara