Hello, I am back. I apologise for not posting in aaages. I have been off to ehrm....Japan...okay, I have no excuses.
I noticed how hard it is post actually, probably this has been the problem. Being in such a different country makes it impossible not to question that which one sees in the attempt to understand and learn something new: some new secret to make one's life at home better. Each system has its great advantages but each of these unfortunately, also carries bugs, some of which are easy to spot, some of which remain hidden until one bores in the innermost cores of society.
Indeed society is like an onion. The outer shells are visible for anyone and shine. The inner cores, which contain the juice, can only be reached with patience and time. To find the patience and time is what one must learn when being a foreigner, and even more so when the foundations of the country's society are so different from one's very own.
It is easy to post about what one sees, the buildings, the looks of things and people: just scrape the surface, so to say. Hard it is to relate that which one learns, feels, when being in contact with a new society. The good and the bad. Where does one draw the line between objective reporting and reporting one's own impressions? I guess a good journalist could reply to my question....so a dilemma arises, at least for me...."what shall I post about, what is interesting for those that are so far away and cannot relate to this country?" and this I will solve in one manner which I hope will have success...an experiment...and as most of you know, I love experimental work... hopefully you will all play along.
I open the floor to our public and ask you to name a topic, something which you have always wondered about Japan, and I will try my best to answer. Anything...politics, architecture, history, literature, art.... you name it, and I will do my best to satisfy your curiousity. The comment function below is there just for you...!
from Tokyo, your new reporter,
blauermango
I noticed how hard it is post actually, probably this has been the problem. Being in such a different country makes it impossible not to question that which one sees in the attempt to understand and learn something new: some new secret to make one's life at home better. Each system has its great advantages but each of these unfortunately, also carries bugs, some of which are easy to spot, some of which remain hidden until one bores in the innermost cores of society.
Indeed society is like an onion. The outer shells are visible for anyone and shine. The inner cores, which contain the juice, can only be reached with patience and time. To find the patience and time is what one must learn when being a foreigner, and even more so when the foundations of the country's society are so different from one's very own.
It is easy to post about what one sees, the buildings, the looks of things and people: just scrape the surface, so to say. Hard it is to relate that which one learns, feels, when being in contact with a new society. The good and the bad. Where does one draw the line between objective reporting and reporting one's own impressions? I guess a good journalist could reply to my question....so a dilemma arises, at least for me...."what shall I post about, what is interesting for those that are so far away and cannot relate to this country?" and this I will solve in one manner which I hope will have success...an experiment...and as most of you know, I love experimental work... hopefully you will all play along.
I open the floor to our public and ask you to name a topic, something which you have always wondered about Japan, and I will try my best to answer. Anything...politics, architecture, history, literature, art.... you name it, and I will do my best to satisfy your curiousity. The comment function below is there just for you...!
from Tokyo, your new reporter,
blauermango
3 comments:
Post about Japanese girlies in maiden uniforms. Post pictures, too! Lots of them!
Regards, lörker
*I lörk this place*
Hiya!
I'd love to hear about the things you learn beyond the superficial (I do like the photos tho), that's way more interesting. Keep us posted!
Best,
Dammi
Beyond the superficial is of course difficult ;) but we will try our best.
I like placing pictures in the blog a lot. I also have the impression that the new software update allows uploading of films, which I will try soon...
Post a Comment