Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ikebukuro

This Sunday, after the most recent typhoon had passed the weather was nice again. I went to yet another city centre: Ikebukuro. Basically it is like some other places in Tokyo, a city quarter around one of the Yamanote-Line stations with some tall buildings and big shopping centres.


In Ikebukuru you can visit Amlux, the Toyota showroom. Here you can find some car engines on display and some old and new cars of Toyota. I guess it is probably more interesting if you plan to buy a car soon :)


I also stopped by a shrine, which is according to a brochure from the tourist information supposedly one of the most important cultural heritage sites of Tokyo. Unfortunately I don’t have the brochure at hand right now and I can’t even find the name of the shrine (which I forgot, shame on me) on the internet. Personally I found the shrine in Asakusa much more impressive.

No comments: